[CQ-Contest] Tnx For the John Moyle Contest QSOs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Tnx For the John Moyle Contest QSOs
From: VK1FF@contesting.com (Jim Muller VK1FF/WB2FFY)
Date: Mon Mar 17 04:21:10 1997
Many thanks to 100+ U.S. stations who called us on 40m CW
during the John Moyle (VK Field Day) contest.  We were a
little behind the competition before the 2 hour run into
the US and we were in a much better position afterward.

We used the call VK1VK during the contest.  While it's a "neat"
call on paper, it confused many people and we found ops had
trouble copying it on both SSB and CW.   The worst problem
was when a station would ask us to repeat part of our call (suffix
or prefix).

We'll be happy to QSL via the bureau for anyone needing a card.

73, Jim  VK1FF

Multiop Station: VK1VK
Ops:  VK1ET, VK1KIP, VK1FF, VK1AUS, VK1HAM, VK1NK