[CQ-Contest] More on Ben and Tom

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More on Ben and Tom
From: rlboyd@CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Tue Mar 18 13:55:46 1997
It's been brought to my attention that Tom Jefferson, in 1997, would
certainly be a DXer and contester (I think he'd talk to France a lot, his
DXpeditions might be to Martinique or Guadeloupe, and he would certainly
spend more than he could afford on his station, but would tear all the
antennas down every few years and start over -- isn't that what W0UN does?).

Ben Franklin, it's been suggested, would be a QRPer and homebrewer, would
be using kites to raise his 160M antennas, though I think he might be
using a helium balloon by now.  Perhaps he would be the pioneer of the
(even narrower) narrow band CW, but would run a risk of dying in a freak
amplifier high voltage accident -- watch out for those plate caps!  Ben
would probably talk to France a lot too.

73 - Rich Boyd, KE3Q