[CQ-Contest] Computer control of TS-940 with IF232 level converter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer control of TS-940 with IF232 level converter
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Tue Mar 18 17:39:32 1997
Ok folks, here's a question for you.  I have a situation with the
Kenwood TS-940 and the IF-232 level converter.  My friend has the same
setup I do, and he got a lightning hit over the summer.  Everything has
been repaired supposedly.  Now, here's the problem.  Before the
lightning strike, his computer interface worked fine.  His computer
interface no longer works.  Mine does.  We have tried connecting his
IF-232 interface with my rig and computer, only swapping out the IF-232.
No go.  We borrowed an IF-232 from a friend, it doesn't work with my
setup either.  But my IF-232 does.  We have not had a chance to check my
IF-232 converter with his rig, but that will happen tomorrow.  We have
another IF-10B on order incase the one in his 940 is dead.  Any other
suggestions or something I'm missing?  Thanks.
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries