[CQ-Contest] PED - problem solved

Subject: [CQ-Contest] PED - problem solved
From: P.L.Reed@sussex.ac.uk (Peter Reed)
Date: Thu Mar 20 14:02:00 1997
Hi all. A week or so ago I posted a request for help regarding a problem I was
having with PED whereby I could not use the sound card to get more than one
station calling at once. After more investigation it turned out that PED
was not finding my sound card, whether I ran it from WIN95, a DOS box or
the DOS mode of WIN95. The card is a genuine 16PnP Sound Blaster.
A good number of people replied offering assistance and a few who were also
having the same problem as me. I have replied to those so that maybe the
solution I found will help them but thought it worthwhile posting this in
general in case anyone else has or comes across the same problem.
After very many and more many hours of trying to find the solution, I tried
running a later version of PED. I was using v4.11 but was kindly sent a
later version, 4.12. The README file says that it has improved soundcard
searching and sure enough when I ran this version of PED under WIN95, with
NO DOS drivers installed, it found the soundcard and away went PED with
multiple stations calling.
So, to anyone who is having problems whereby their PC cannot find the
soundcard, I sugest you try v4.12.
This can be downloaded by ftp from: qed.laser.ee.es.osaka-u.ac.jp
in the directory /pub/radio/ped
Many thanks to all who helped with my problem, especially Tom N0SS.
73, Peter G4BVH
P.L.Reed@sussex.ac.uk