[CQ-Contest] CQ

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ
From: g3vbl@netcomuk.co.uk (Chris Pedder)
Date: Sun Mar 23 16:47:05 1997
Greetings,

In order to be able to read the detailed result listings for CQ-WW and WPX,
both phone and CW, I have subscribed to CQ Magazine for about 20 years. I
usually purchase a 2yr subscription which as I remember cost $55 last time
around. When I recently received my renewal invitation I noticed that the
cost of this 2 yr sub had increased to $95. This compares with the domestic
figure of $45.

On page 115 of March CQ I see that "All foreign subscribers are now
receiving their copies via a new Air Post system....... The new system does
cost a bit more, but the expedited delivery is well worth it." Worth it, I
wonder, for whom?

Having waited the best part of a year for the results, another couple of
weeks is not going to hurt. Other than the contest results the best part of
the magazine is the picture on the front cover! The product reviews are
merely impressions with fat quotes from the manufacturer's data, the
technical stuff is hardly state of the art and I get tired of reading the
same packet primer with HUGE diagrams every month.

When Ham Radio moved to 'air forwarding' I cancelled my sub and look what
happened to them! When will people realise that being simple foreigners we
expect to be robbed, but draw the line at being robbed blind?

Enjoy your day,

73,

Chris

Chris Pedder     G3VBL/8P9EM