[CQ-Contest] WPX Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Contest
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Tue Mar 25 08:13:31 1997
Jim

I respectfully disagree.

Are you suggesting that no one should work fellow countrymen for
multipliers, or even same continent contacts in the WPX contest?
Don't hold your breath!

I'm just asking for a level playing field.  Aren't you glad I didn't
suggest
ALL contacts be of equal value, regardless of country? (And, why not?)

Looks like a concensus is developing around the 1-2-3 point system
for same country (1), same continent (2), and other continent (3) QSO's
And there seems to be an interest in returning to the original 30 hour
format.  (Notice that there was no consideration of old records when
the contest was extended from 30 to 36 hours so that argument is
null and void.)  Also, many would like to see the CW WPX moved to
April.  Is it time to take a vote?  Any CQ  Contest Advisory Committee
members reading these comments?

73, Tom - N4KG
.