[CQ-Contest] Query: How to do an effective noise survey?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Query: How to do an effective noise survey?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 11:29:33 1997
In a message dated 97-03-26 23:11:10 EST, ng0x@ricochet.net (Dave Curtis)
writes:

> So... what is the best way to go about doing a noise
>  survey on a prospective piece of property?

     I'd get an HF xcvr and some sort of antenna and set up at the potential
QTH.  Especially check out the low bands.

     Next I'd drive around the neighborhood for several blocks with a cheap
AM radio out the window.

     Night time when most electrical devices are being used and people are
home would probably be the best time.

     BTW, you can get a 'Sunset Flight' scenic ride in a small plane from
your local airport.  $30 for 30 minutes or something like that.  I'd fly over
the QTH and take some pictures.  You can get the lay of the land very quickly
from the air and the photos are always fun momentos.

73 and GL,  Steve   K7LXC