[CQ-Contest] WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX
From: km9p@akorn.net (Bill Fisher, N4VJ & K4AAA)
Date: Mon Mar 24 14:39:12 1997
>    The excitement speaks for itself in the results. The
> High power W0 winner last year made 72 Q's. His call
> was actually in bold print and he got a certificate!
> The ARRL 10GHZ test had more W0 entrants than WPX SSB.

That is amazing.  Instead of complaining though, the W0's have obviously
just chosen to ignore the contest.

We'll make a rule change to increase DXpeditions by single ops (30 to 36).
Potentially this had an affect on what... maybe 5 guys in the world?  But
we'll go ahead and ignore 3/4 of the USA hams by giving zero points for
QSO's within the same country AND ignore half the world by increasing the
ontime for single-ops to 36 hours.

I ask you:  What's it take to make a change with the WPX contest?  You
guys that got to Dayton... Please ask N8BJQ.  I don't think he is QRV
here.

73

Bill

Not bitching... Trying to make a change for the better.

Bill Fisher, N4VJ / K4AAA
http://www.contesting.com