[CQ-Contest] WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX
From: 0004504465@mcimail.com (Eugene Walsh)
Date: Mon Apr 7 02:33:00 1997

I remember the first WPX, but it then was the
CQ World Wide SSB contest.  They made up this contest,
you see, and I entered it from several places over the years.
It was fun.  If they change the rules I will still enter, no
matter what the rules, because I enjoy it.  I have spent many
hours in WPX contests, to my XYL's chagrin, even managed to win a
few.  It is better for someone in W1, of course, but I still
manage to have a good time.  If someone is not having a good time
he has no business in the contest, life being as short as it is.

K6LL has the right idea: if its not a good time, don't do it.

I didn't know that the rules were up for election, but even if
they are I don't know how to compensate an international event
for geographical disadvantages.  I do know that almost every
attempt at major rules changes that I know of has had a negative
impact.

I will say that 30 hours makes alot more sense to me (It provides
that chance for the disadvantaged to be clever) than the 36 hour
rule now in force.  I fear, however, that my opinion is not a
major influence.

There are no bad contests, but some are better than others
depending upon where you are and other relevant parameters.

73 Gene N2AA