[CQ-Contest] ARRL CAC input needed

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL CAC input needed
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri May 2 16:58:06 1997
At 02:33 PM 5/2/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The ARRL Contest Advisory Committee (CAC) is currently studying
>the interest and impact of adding 6 meters to ARRL HF contests
>that do not currently have 6 meters (50 MHz) as part of the bands
>contained in the contest rules for that contest. Some
>examples would be Sweepstakes, 10 meter contest,
>ARRL DX Contest, etc.
>
>Your CAC representative would
>like to know how you feel about adding 6 meters to ARRL HF
>Contests. Please send your thoughts via EMAIL directly to
>the CAC person in your ARRL division and
>or to CAC@arrl.org.

This is not a good idea....for all the reasons already stated on the
reflector by others.  I will had just one more reason....

If 6 meters is not hot as in a low sunspot cycle....the highly populated
areas of the country could use this band to jack up scores (depending on the
contest.  I otherwords, they could contest amongst themselves.  If the band
is hot, then poeple in unpopulated areas would have a change of running some
rate on the band.  But, out here in the plains states (sorry Larry N0LL) I
think contesters would be at a distint disadvantage to those bretheren in
highly populated areas (think California and the Northeast).

This already kinda maybe happens on 40 meters where the east coast stations
contest amongst themselves on a north/south zone leaving the west out of the
picture.

My two cents...

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net