[CQ-Contest] 6m and ARRL DX Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 6m and ARRL DX Contest
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spike Lazar)
Date: Sun May 4 12:52:36 1997
Dave G4BUO wrote:
>Maybe Tim missed by a month and intended to put this item out
>on April 1st? ..... Hopefully on this issue, even the views of
>associate members will count.

Dear Dave,

I'm afraid that any opinion by the members on this subject counts
for very little. The league will do what it wants to do, regardless
of any outcry from the CAC and membership.

In this case, the message came from the league, came down to the CAC
chairman and the CAC members and now down to the members. The purpose
of inclusion of the 6 meters band into hf contesting is to expose
no coders/tech plus operators to contesting.

This is not an idea originating from the CAC Chairman or CAC members.
Membership in the CAC is a thankless undertaking by dedicated contesters,
who must enjoy self punishment and frustration. What you say about overseas
CAC has merit, and I wouldn't be surprised if any CAC member wouldn't gladly
give you their seat!

73, Spike W9XR