[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 radios

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 2 radios
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 6 12:45:23 1997
In a message dated 97-05-06 10:29:32 EDT, cqc-list@arrl.org (Zack Lau)
writes:

<< If you want to tune two radios simultaneously on CW
 helps to have one radio set for USB and the other for LSB.

 --Zack Lau W1VT >>

I've been there and done that, and it seems more confusing to me than
helpful.  I used a single VFO to control two Ten-Tec transceivers on 40M
and
20M simultaneously and was always wondering which way to turn the knob
for
the desired signal.

I'm now using a pair of Omni VIs, which use the same conversion scheme
on all
bands...much less confusing.  I think using two identical radios is he
best
way to go for two radio contesting.

Paul, KB8N