[CQ-Contest] CQ Ww 160 status

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Ww 160 status
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon May 12 12:05:18 1997
John VE3EJ raised a question in an E-mail today and I wanted to let
everyone
know the status of 1996 certs/plaques and 1997 checking.

RE: 1997...I have the e-mail logs and will get them checked out this
week
and put up on the PVRC/NC page.  I have three diskettes that I cannot
read
yet and have conversion programs in hand to try again.  Any that I
cannot
read have already been entered and as W7GG will testify I will get you
straightened out with a good entry no matter what...A few may be left
out
of the claimed results as I need to get those to CQ right away.  All
entries
will be valid for the final results in the Dec 1997 CQ!

RE: 1996 plaques..Several have not yet paid and Nancy NK4U won't let me
get
them done until they are paid.  IF YOU SPONSOR A PLAQUE AND HAVE NOT
PAID
PLEASE DO SO RIGHT AWAY!

RE: 1996 certs.  I have only been able to do 35 more in the past month
and
these then must be sent to CQ for mailing.  Overseas certs now require a
customs document and a filled out form from the person mailing it (adds
5
minutes to each individual mailing plus the forms are in short supply I
took
all my Post office had).  I still hope to have all done by early June.
Have
patience.

The final results are in Word Perfect 5.1 format.  If someone is willing
take that type of input then perhaps the final results will be up on a
web
page.  They cannot go on a web page for at least two months after the
Dec CQ
is out each time.  Same for the claimed scores.  Any takers to do this
???

Dave K4JRB
CQ 160 Director