[CQ-Contest] TS-850S problems

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS-850S problems
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon May 19 10:31:56 1997
I have had some problems with my 850 when using a foot swtich on SSB.
I have found that some other contesting people have experienced the
same problem.  Kenwood doesn't seem to be aware of the problem, so it
is up to me to collect enough information to figure it out.

If you are using an 850, have you ever had it act up where it won't
transmit audio, even though the receiver is muting when you press
your footswitch?  Maybe it sounds like a loose mic connection?  Perhaps
it works if you have a computer connected to the PTT, but not if
you press a footswitch.

So far I have three reports of this failure, and there must be more
of you out there who have seen it?

Thanks for your help.  Please only send e-mail to me.  If I uncover the
root cause I will make another post.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com