[CQ-Contest] CONTEST KEYER

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CONTEST KEYER
From: K6kt@aol.com (K6kt@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 26 11:47:50 1997
In a message dated 97-05-26 10:19:03 EDT, rthorne@arn.net (Richard Thorne)
writes:

<< I'm currently using a Bencher iambic paddle.  While its a nice keyer
 whats everybody else using out there?  I got the paddle back in '80
 and its probably time for a new one.

About 3 years ago I replaced an old (and revered) Bencher iambic paddle with
the Jones Key iambic paddle sold by Palomar Engineers.  It's in the $100+
price range.  It's somewhat heavier than the Bencher and very well built.  I
can knock it around in the excitement of a contest for working a new DXCC
country and it takes that very well.  The plastic finger pieces are
adjustable to your fingers.

I might like one of the $500 custom keys better, but I am extremely pleased
with the Jones Key paddle.  I can't think of any thing that I don't like
about it.

Ken, K6KT, Fallbrook, CA
** Ham Radio is Not a Hobby, It's a Way of Life. **