[CQ-Contest] WPX: Strong Sigs...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX: Strong Sigs...
From: christor@MICROSOFT.com (Christoph Rheker)
Date: Fri May 30 15:11:41 1997
Thought I would share my S-meter readings during WPX with
you... I did have some family plans over the weekend, but couldnt
resists to switch on the rig SAT morning at 4am.

Strongest N. America (outside of US East, which is strong any time)
on 40m were:
K9BGL, NM5M, NC7M

On 20m:
VE7SZ, WL7E, WR6AAA, VE7ZZZ
W6KP, N0NI, K3EST, VA7A

All these guys were S9+, there were many more between S7 and S9.
Also KH7R had a nice sig. FO5PI was a nice surprise on the band via
the long path. It was interesting to see WL7E as loud as the US west
coast, which is a little unusual here.

I was able to complete WAC in less than an hour using 500W and
a trap vert.

73,
Christoph DL4YAO