[CQ-Contest] May/June NCJ arrives

Subject: [CQ-Contest] May/June NCJ arrives
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 31 02:48:22 1997
And I thought I would be stuck only reading about contesting in CQ-VHF
this weekend. So, imagine my surprise when I found the latest NCJ at the
PO box this afternoon (and no fishing magazines).

Front cover photo of K3LR and some of his towers/antennas.  There is even
a short "About The Cover" box on the contents page.

The editorial is titled "Goodbye 20 Meters - Hello 6 Meters!"

Feature articles:  Care and Repair of a Two Element 80 Meter Yagi;
Profile of Brett Graham, VR2BG; "Pure QRP" Contesting; Updated Russian
Amateur Regulations and Their Effects on Contesting; Review of ARRL
Antenna Compendium, Volumes 4 & 5; and SUPER-DUPER, A Contest Logging
Program by EI5DI.

Regular columns:  Propagation; VHF-UHF Contesting - VHF WRTC Event, QRP
portable record, 9913 coax, & VHF contest logging software; Contest
Tips, Tricks & Techniques - Low-Cost Improvements, Part II; The Contest
Traveler - Traveling with equipment & antennas, special handling (new
column!); Coming Attractions - May and June contests; International
Contests - HF Grid Locator, results of 96 WAEDC SSB, 96 SP Polish DX
Contest CW, and 6th Asia-Pacific Sprint; and Newsletter of the Boring
Amateur Radio Club.

Other items:  All Time ARRL Field Day Records (there are enough classes
that everyone should be able to win something); and Two Countries From
One Shack.

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
Raleigh, NC (home of the new NHL Carolina Hurricanes)