[CQ-Contest] Real signal reports rule enforcement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Real signal reports rule enforcement
From: CP2235@aol.com (CP2235@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 7 14:17:06 1997
Bill, W7TI wrote

<< Or how about requiring a TRUE signal report?  You'd only need two
 rules:

 1.  Anyone who sent the same report (599) to every station would be
 disqualified.

 2.  The report you log would have to match what the other guy sent.

 A true signal report would be quite useful in evaluating one's station
 over the course of a contest and a lot more interesting than a bunch
 of serial numbers.

I like this idea, because it is true what Bill says about the usefulness, but
see difficulties in realizing it. After all you just implement a random rst
generator into the logging software and thats it. The other problem is that i
am sure many casual contesters who only give you some points like to give you
599 because they are also used to give it to DX-peditions and other pile-up
type operations. Still I like the idea. Please keep thinking about it. I am
not for abolishing rsts. Just would like to make exchangings more meaningful
and more difficult to copy (!!)

73 Con DF4SA

Cornelius Paul                   DF4SA                 CP2235@aol.com