[CQ-Contest] July/August CQ Contest arrives

Subject: [CQ-Contest] July/August CQ Contest arrives
From: henrypol2@juno.com (Henry A Pollock)
Date: Thu Jun 12 15:02:41 1997
Stopped by the PO box this morning on the way to work and found the
latest issue of CQ Contest.

Front cover photo of the PY0FF/ZX0F contest site antennas.  There's even
a lengthy article inside with lots of details (Good Job CQ Contest
staff!).

Feature articles:  96 CQWW DX CW Contest High-Claimed Scores (NOTE -
contents page indicates SSB scores); The K7FF 160 Super Sloper; and CQWW
1995 - A European Perspective.

Department articles:  Operating Techniques - Contesting from Europe;
Contest Clubs - Why Join a Radio Club?; Contest Breakdown - Operating from
Paradise - PY0F (cover story); Contesting History - The World Wide DX
Contest; Monthly Collectible - Hardware Specifcations for Tower and
Antenna Installations; Up The Tower - Tower Standards and Nomenclature;
YL Contesting - Overcoming Contest Jitters; Continental Countdown -
JA0QWO-My Contest Story, Contesting from Uruguay, Results of Baltic
Contest-96; and a Conversation with AI6V - the P40V/P49V Story.

On the letters page is that missing picture, from the April issue, of the
VooDoo Contest Club.

And now, I return you to your regularly scheduled program. ;-0 [cut
version of :-)]

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
Raleigh, NC