[CQ-Contest] N2AA hospitalized

Subject: [CQ-Contest] N2AA hospitalized
From: KR2Q@worldnet.att.net (Douglas Zwiebel)
Date: Sun Jun 22 01:49:55 1997
Late Thursday night (or early Friday) Gene was admitted
for emergency abdominal surgery.  His B/P was 237/133 and
his white count was 15,000.

He is currently in the ICU (intensive care unit) of JF Kennedy
Medical Center in Edison, NJ.  There is no phone in ICU, so
you can't reach him if you try.  And there is no cw either.  :-)

He is doing well and still on pain medication.  He looks like
Gene of Borg with many pipes and tubes arising from everywhere.
He has all the "usual" monitors attached that one would expect
for an ICU patient; ie, more machine than man.  This ain't no TS830!

His appendix and part of his cecum (a blind sac at the beginning
of the large intestine) have been excised.  Both were completely
gangenous.  This was a complicated appendectomy...so don't start
rumors that go beyond the truth!

Visitors are supposed to be limited to immediate family only.
I played MD today and went to see him anyway.  If you want to
try it, you can.  He was happy to see me, although he was asleep
for quite some time before he knew I was there.

He is supposed to be in for a total of 5 to 6 days, but he seems
optimistic that he will be get out early (probably due the power
of the HMOs!).

If you would like to send him a card or letter, I would suggest using
his HOME address, since he may be out by the time the mail arrives.
If you prefer, you can Email ME and I'll print 'em out and hand deliver
them, pbly sometime on Monday.  If you choose that method, pse Email to:

DougKR2Q@aol.com

NOTE that this is NOT my "normal" address, so do NOT just hit "REPLY."

I did not ANNOUNCE this message earlier out of courtesy to Gene.  I was
not sure if he wanted such personal information on the net.  Today
he said it was "okay" to let the world know, so here it is.

de Doug  KR2Q