[CQ-Contest] no more All Asia for me-7Z5OO (long)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] no more All Asia for me-7Z5OO (long)
From: je1cka@dumpty.nal.go.jp (Takao KUMAGAI)
Date: Tue Jun 24 20:42:15 1997
For your information.

on 97/06/22, K3UOC@aol.com writes:

> Here's the e-mail message I received 20 minutes before the start of the
> 1997
> All Asia CW Contest:

> [Dear Mike,

> K3UOC@aol.com wrote:
> : I have been unable to locate the results of last year's (1996) AA CW. I
> need to
> : know how I (7Z5OO) finished in the all band-single op. category.  What place
> : in Asia?  Can you help me on this?

> I am very sorry to tell you that you were disqualified. The reason was
> NO SENT EXCHANGE indicated on your submission paper. I know one of JARL
> contest committee members.  He said that it was severely discussed about
> the judgement and the committee had decided such logs were disqualified.

7Z5OO and other 76(wow!) logs were not exactly DISQUALIFIED but being listed
as Check Logs. Those callsigns as check-logs are;
4Z5FW, 7Z5OO, 7L2ICS, AH6JF, BV2A, DJ0SH, DJ2YE, DK7YY, DL5WS, DL6UCI,
EA3AHQ, EA4FW, ER1LW, EW6BL, F5BNX, F6GKL, HA5AF, HAM5AWH, HAM8VK, HK5QGX,
I1VTX, I4FTU, JA1JKG, JF1SEK, JK1AFI, JO1YAO, JJ2NNJ, JA7EDZ, K2SX, K3JGJ,
K4BAI, K4RZ, K7JYE, LA4OGA, LA8CD, LU1BW, LX1TI, LY2JI, N4XR, N6RO,
N8II, OI1HS, OK2PCN, OK2TBC, OM3WM, OM5RJ, OM9TR, PA0TA, PA0TON, PY2OU,
RA9DW, RA9JX, RK9AWN, RX9CAO, RZ4AYT, S57KW, SM0NJO, SM3CVM, SP3MY, SP5CEQ,
SP7FGA, SP7QHS, SP8TDE, SP9MDY, SV1JA, UA1OMS, UA3-155-28, UA3-155-75, UN8IM,
UN9FB,
V85HN, W5ASP, W7OM, YL2PG, YO3FRI, ZL1HV

Disqualification were for cheating, poor copying or excess dupes etc,
but "check logs" are different.
However, 76 check logs are unusual numbers out of 507 logs. It was 17%!!

On Phone AA DX
17 Check logs out of 434 logs and this is 3.9%.

In my humble opinion, all the reports sent and received must be clearly
write down on either logs or summary sheet. If the sent number which is
meanigless or not for scoring are omitted, the entrant must have caution
from the contest committee. But not to be disqualified. I guess the CT
has insufficient ability.

In JIDX contest committee;
There were several same logs (no sent numbers in their logs/summary
sheet) which were generated by CT. They will not be disqualified or be
in Checked-log but they will have the caution from the committee.
        ---------
        Tack Kumagai JE1CKA/KH0AM
        TEL:81-30-066-6408, FAX:81-423-93-4449
        Internet: je1cka@nal.go.jp