[CQ-Contest] Humerous moment

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Humerous moment
From: k2fr@juno.com (Fredrick R. Gern)
Date: Tue Jun 24 09:07:20 1997
Several years ago I tuned across 20 meters
and found the European Field Day in progress.
I worked serveral stations and happend upon
a G station calling CQ Field Day. We exchanged
reports and I was called by another G station
who after giving me his report asked if I could
still hear the first station I had worked. My
affirmative reply was followed by "Tell them if
I could only hear them they are 59".
The background laughter from them was almost
as loud as mine.

Fred - K2FR
Look for W2RDX/50 the next 1 1/2 weeks,
the 50th anniversary of the Rochester,(NY)
DX Association.

From: Ron DeBry" <Ron.DeBry@uc.edu (Ron DeBry)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QDC?

K5NA - >>
K7LXC - >

>> This goes on for about 25 QSOs without the DX station signing his call
>>  as I
>>  grow more and more impatient. Finally I decide to do something.
>
>     I can tolerate just about any contest situation except this. What an
>arrogant SOB. That's why the ARRL is considering my submission of a new
>Q-signal:
>QDC -- What's your damn call?

I would never wait 25 QSOs listening for a guy's call. My rate is just
as important to me as his rate is to him. This applies whether I'm at a
super multi-multi station or at home barefoot into rusty wires - if I'm
sitting listening to the arrogant SOB, I'm not working anybody else and
I'm not making any points.

I'll listen to at most 2 QSOs, then call the guy. Once he answers me, I
ask his call _before_ giving my exchange. If he's a dupe - too bad for
him. That's the chance he takes by not signing every QSO.

73, Ron

Ron DeBry   K8KM       (ex WA6DGX)

Department of Biological Sciences
Box 210006