[CQ-Contest] Re: QDC- What's ur damn call?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: QDC- What's ur damn call?
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Wed Jun 25 11:49:38 1997
K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
>> This goes on for about 25 QSOs without the DX station signing
>> his call as I grow more and more impatient.
> I can tolerate just about any contest situation except this.
> What an arrogant SOB. That's why the ARRL is considering my
> submission of a new Q-signal: QDC -- What's your damn call?
> 73,  Steve   K7LXC

This farce is made worse by the SO/Assisted section, where
the operator jumps to DX spots on the PCluster.  When the DX station
knows he has been spotted he is tempted to run without ID:
(a) because he believes everyone knows it...
(b) so he can speed up his run rate by shortening up his default
exchange.

This causes severe handicaps for SO/Unassisted (no packet) operators
- sometimes I wish the Assisted section had not been created.

BTW in the WPX CW last month, ZL1ANJ gave station call for every QSO
(TU ZL1ANJ).

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ