No subject

Subject: No subject
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com (bogus@does.not.exist.com)
Date: Mon Jul 7 09:53:17 1997
Thanks for the replies concerning my TS-850 problem. I thought
I'd share the solution with the reflector since others may
develop a similar problem. Since my posting, the erratic radio
operation got worse until the radio wouldn't function at all.

I pulled the radio apart and found that the lithium battery
had developed a leak and some of the battery fluid ended up on
the circuit board. This caused leakage which was responsible
for the erratic operation. I removed the battery, cleaned
the circuit board and the radio is now functional (without
the battery). Until the new battery arrives, I have to put
up with a radio that can't "remember" anything when powered off.
Fortunately there were no damaged traces on the circuit board.

Thanks for the replies,
John, K3CT

 -
 ---