[CQ-Contest] IARU HQ stations -- final list.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HQ stations -- final list.
From: aalaun@ibm.net (Fred Laun K3ZO)
Date: Fri Jul 18 10:38:03 1997
I waited a few days, and only received two messages listing additional HQ
stations, so here is the final list:

Country             IARU Member Society          Call Sign

Aruba*#                    AARC                     P43ARC
Australia                  WIA                      VK1WI
Austria                    OVSV                     OE1XHQ
Belgium                    UBA                      ON4UBA
Bulgaria                   BFRA                     LZ0HST
Brazil                     LABRE                    PT2AA
Canada                     RAC                      VE7RAC
Croatia                    HRS                      9A0HQ
Czech Republic             CRC                      OL7HQ
Faroe Islands              FRA                      OY6A
Finland                    SRAL                     OH3C
France*                    REF                      F6REF
Germany                    DARC                     DA0HQ
Great Britain*             RSGB                     GB5HQ
Greece*                    RAAG                     SV1SV
IARU                       IARU                     NU1AW
Mexico                     FMRE                     XE1LM
Moldova                    ARM                      ER7A
Netherlands                VERON                    PA6HQ
New Zealand                NZART                    ZL6A
Nigeria*                   NARS                     5N0HQ
Poland                     PZK                      SP3PZK
Romania                    FRR                      YP0A
Russia                     SRR                      R3HQ/6
Slovak Republic            SARA                     OM7HQ
Slovenia                   ZRS                      S50HQ
Sweden                     SSA                      SK0HQ
Ukraine                    UARL                     EM5HQ
USA                        ARRL                     W1AW/7
Venezuela                  RCV                      YV30T
Yugoslavia                 SRJ                      YU0HQ

*provided by Ray Rocker, WQ5L, operator at K5MDX
#provided by Bob Chandler, VE3SRE

Many thanks to you both!

73,  Fred

 -
 ---

From: Zack Lau <zlau@arrl.org> (Zack Lau)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRPer runs 2KW

Douglas Zwiebel wrote:

> In fact, most of us in the TOP TEN BOX usually run
> LESS than 5 watts, JUST TO BE SURE.  I usually run
> no more than more than 4 watts on CW, and on SSB I run
> 4.5 watts PEP, NOT 10 watts PEP (which some might
> construe as still 5 watts).

The QRP definition depends on the contest. The ARRL uses
PEP, so its 5 watts PEP in the HF contests and 10 watts
PEP in the VHF contests.  However, the QRP-ARCI, and most
other QRP clubs, use 10 watts PEP as the limit on SSB and
5 watts on CW.  The CQ VHF contest defines QRP as 25 watts
or less.

Zack Lau W1VT  zlau@arrl.org

 -
 ---