[CQ-Contest] Re: IARU clarification

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: IARU clarification
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR97BrettGraham)
Date: Fri Jul 18 12:33:45 1997
W4AN asked:

 Now, I would like to activate NU4AW for next year since it appears that the
 USA can have as many HQ stations as we like.  Maybe some clarification on
 this entire process is in order?

In the rules, a clarification is given on the 10-minute rule for multi-ops:
HQ stations can run multi-multi, but only one HQ station call per member
society per band.

Each IARU member society may have an HQ station.  NU1AW was a new one this
year, an HQ station for the IARU itself.  W1AW/7 was the ARRL HQ station.

Unfortunately, one obvious way for one to run their own HQ station is not
likely to work, as the IARU is unlikely to accept one's vanity call-holding
"club" as a new member society.

What could work isn't available to many - do as I could, as president of an
IARU member society - declare yourself the HQ station.  ;^)

73, VR97BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk

 -
 ---