[CQ-Contest] 1997 NAQP Announcement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1997 NAQP Announcement
From: merchant@silcom.com (Stephen Merchant)
Date: Sun Jul 20 08:23:39 1997
There have been no changes to the rules for the NAQPs.  The times are the
same as always.  The rules are included here.

Good luck and see you in the contest!

73, Steve K6AW

>        1.  Please send your NAQP Team pre-registrations in prior to the
>start of the contest.  Send CW Teams to me, K6ZZ (w9nq@ccis.com) and SSB to
>Steve, K6AW (merchant@silcom.com).
>
>        2.  We will both be accepting E-Mail log submissions again at the
>addresses listed.  Send your complete Log and Summary Sheet in ASCII Text
>format.  Please, no binary or special format files.  PLEASE, re-name your
files to callsign.ext -- if you leave them generic like na897cw.ext, my
mail program will probably try to write ovr them the next time someone uses
that same name.

> [...]
>valid contacts and multipliers by band, total contacts and multipliers,
>total score, team name (if any), power output, name, callsign, and address
>of the operator, station callsign and station location; (2) a complete
>legible log of all contacts (including dupes marked as such) with indication
>of all multipliers claimed; (3) a separate Dupe Sheet for each band; and (4)
>a list of all claimed multipliers worked on each band.  Logs may be
>submitted on 3.5" disk in the form of files generated by a computer logging
>program as
>long as they are MS-DOS compatible ASCII files consisting of all information
>in (1)-(4) above.  All entries should include a written, signed statement of
>"Fair and Ethical Operation".  All logs containing over 200 QSO's, which
>were generated with a computer logging program, must also include a disk
copy of
>the ASCII Text log as defined above.  Complete rules, sample Log Sheets and
>a Summary Sheet may be obtained with an SASE to K6ZZ or K6AW.
>
>12) Team Competition: You may wish to form a team with fellow NAQP
>participants.  If so, your team shall consist of 2 to 5 Single
>Operator stations as a single entry unit.  Clubs or other groups having more
>than 5 members may submit multiple team entries.  PRE REGISTRATION
>REQUIREMENT:  To qualify as a team entry, the team organizer should ensure
>that the name, callsign of each operator, and call sign of the station
>operated should the operator be a guest at a station other than his own,
>(e.g. N4RJ
>op by KM9P) must be registered with K6ZZ for CW and K6AW for SSB.  The team
>registration information must be in written or telegraphic form and must be
>received before the start of the contest.  There are neither distance nor
>meeting requirements for a team entry.  The only requirement is
>pre-registration of the team.
>
>13) Penalties and Disqualification's:  For each unmarked duplicate QSO, you
>lose that contact plus an additional three contacts; for each QSO for which
>you are not in the other stations log, you lose that QSO plus an additional
>one contact; and for each QSO for which the log data is incorrectly copied
>in any respect, you lose that contact.  Entries with score reductions
>greater than 5 % will be disqualified.  Any entry may be disqualified for
>illegibility, illegal or non-ethical operation.  Such qualification is at
>the discretion of the NCJ Contest Review Committee.
>
>14) Awards: A total of five plaques will be awarded for the high score in
>each of the following categories:
>
>     - Single Operator CW
>     - Single Operator Phone
>     - Multi Operator CW
>     - Multi Operator Phone
>     - Single Operator Combined High Score
>
>Certificates of merit will be awarded to the highest scoring entrant with at
>least 200 QSO's from each State, Province, and North American Country.

 -
 ---