[CQ-Contest] W1HIJ NAQP/CW/SO

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W1HIJ NAQP/CW/SO
From: W1HIJ@contesting.com (William Scholz)
Date: Sun Aug 3 21:23:03 1997
Hi all,

Well, another great NAQP/CW is history. This time I could only get on for
the last few hours, so I managed only about 4.5 hours on air time (I gotta
get this work nonsense under better control!). But the results were all I
expected. My goal was to make a major improvement in rate over the January
running and I succeeded. January's totals were 186 Q's in 8.3 hours and this
time it was 211 Q's in 4.5 hours.

W1HIJ--Newport Beach, CA
TS-940S barefoot, 40 Meter Dipole, 2 20 Meter Dipoles, TRLOG V6.05, 386/387
33MHz, 13 MB RAM

BAND          Q's      Mults
40              101        38+1 DX
20              110        37
---------------------------------------
TOTAL      211        76

Claimed Score = 16036

Hourly Rates:  1st=42, 2nd=41, 3rd=43, 4th=44, 5th=41 (40 minutes)

Like they say, if you're going to have fun, ya gotta learn to CQ!

Band condx on 20 and 40 were pretty good here, noise level was fairly high
on 40, but most of the signals were good enough that I could pull them out.
My apologies to the two or three that I just couldn't read when they
answered my CQ. Times on 20 and 40 were just about even and when I switched
up to 40 I never left. No reason to. I checked 15 a few times and never
heard anything at all. January produced about 20 mults on 15, so this time,
my score's not as good as it should have been with no 15M mults.

Some surprising missing mults---never heard AK or HI, and of course SC is
harder to find than hen's teeth. Thanks to WB0OLA/7 for the surprise MT!

See ya in the next one---and thanks for all the Q's

73 de W1HIJ, Bill