[CQ-Contest] Update on QSL Online by SK0UX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Update on QSL Online by SK0UX
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue Aug 26 10:40:36 1997
re: http://sk7do.te.hik.se/clubs/sk0ux/QSL-server.html
    Online verification of QSO's on the WWW.

I own a ISP company and am pretty active in all this ham/WWW stuff.  I
think one solution to this problem is to charge for the QSL service.  Not
for the guys who get the QSL's verified, but the guys who are making the
QSO's.  I would pay $100 at least to be able to upload my contest logs to
you and not have to worry about QSL's any more.

I have the technology to make this happen here, but it is all dependent
on the ARRL.  If they dont back it, you are pis..xxx spitting in the
wind.  It is an excellent idea and I think all ARRL members should be
putting preasure on the League to back such a system.  This idea doesn't
have to be a money black hole.  As pointed out above, I believe there are
people who would spend a good amount of money to not have to deal with
QSL's any more.  I am one of those people.

The QSLing burden is awsome for someone who makes a lot of QSO's.  To me,
it is the worst thing about contesting.  It was second to paper logging
before K1EA came along.

73

Bill, W4AN