[CQ-Contest] 10 Min rule for NA QSO party

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10 Min rule for NA QSO party
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Mon Aug 18 10:30:48 1997
This is the first time I have entered a multi-transmitter contest.  I
was curious why the Multi stations have a 10 minute rule.  If I had to
guess it was to keep the true multi-multi stations out of this class.

K6LL asked me to QSY to 10m in the SSB test.  I was very hesitant.  He
can work me and go off to some other band while I have to sit for 10
minutes.  Luckily I did find a couple of other stations to work.  I did
turn some people down on moving to 160.

I think 10 minutes is way too long.  Why should I be penalized while
nobody else is.  It would have been nice to be able to take a local and
run him through the bands like a single op can.  How about a 5 minute
rule?  How about no rule?

I would like to hear from other multi's.

Mike
W0MU