[CQ-Contest] Es polarization

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Es polarization
From: rbowen@iglobal.net (Ralph Bowen)
Date: Fri Aug 1 04:21:10 1997
David Robbins wrote:

> the only problem with having too many antennas is you can spend
> more time trying to figure out which one is best than using them.
>
> --

Having too many antennas is never a liability, especially to a
contester.  You just need to know how to use them.  In the heyday at
N5AU, we had, I believe, 8 or 9 arrays available on 10M, all different
sizes & heights (although nothing vertical).  Many times, signals could
only be heard on one array.  This was especially the case during the 10M
contests during the mid-1980's sunspot low.  The scenario went like this
-  "CQ Contest  N5AU"  -  then quickly switch through all the antennas
until an answer is heard.  That was your antenna of the moment!! The
secret is to only use the antenna of the moment!!

73,  Gator  N5RZ   rbowen@iglobal.net