[CQ-Contest] 1 radio vs. 2 radios

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1 radio vs. 2 radios
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 5 20:53:49 1997
I admire anyone who can effectively use two radios. It is a real competititve
edge. I have a problem chewing gum and sending at the same time.

On Saturday afternoon of NAQP CW, I took time to listen to one very well
known contester operate "full duplex" on 20 and 40, moving people back and
forth, CQing on both bands, working people on both bands and handling the
whole thing very badly (which is what caught my attention in the first
place).

This activity goes a little beyond "pushing the envelope," but it is an
inveitability of two radios. As with other blatent activities, my question is
"What's the point" and hope that we can exert enough peer pressure to let the
"super-ops" develop their dexterity with two radios while discouraging
full-duplex operation.

Tom Taormina, K5RC/7