[CQ-Contest] Wanna Contest???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wanna Contest???
From: dxhound@lightspeed.net (Mike)
Date: Fri Aug 29 05:18:46 1997
Howdy This letter is to all of those that would like to try a contest from
'somewhere else'.
Phil Krise (W6UC) and myself (NO6X) would like to hear from anyone that
would like to come and play in any of the following contests as part of a
MS effort.

California QSO Party
CQWW SSB
ARRL Sweepstakes CW
ARRL Sweepstakes SSB
CQWW CW

And possibly the ARRL 160 and ARRL 10 meter contests in December.

The station consists of:
10 meters...7 elements at 50 feet
15 meters...4 elements at 70 feet
20 meters...4 elements at 65 feet
40 Meters...4 elements at 85 feet
80 meters...Verticle
160 meters..Verticle and Inverted Vee

Radio...Yeasu FT990 or Kenwood TS870
        (Phil has one and I have the other, We have used both to contest with
and
both work fine. I prefer the 870, Since it is mine and I know how to
operate it. HA)

Amplifier...Henry 4K

Station location...Terra Bella, CA in the middle of nothing and surrounded
by dirt and orange trees. WX is usually fairly nice that time of year, NO
SNOW!!

If you think you are interested drop me an e-mail, and If you KNOW that you
are interested give me a call at
(209)783-8525 after 6 p.m. Weekdays and all day Saturday
        and Sunday.

Thanks,
Mike...NO6X
dxhound@lightspeed.net

Why is it that when you transport something by car, its called a shipment,
but when you transport something by ship, its called cargo?