[CQ-Contest] listing error

Subject: [CQ-Contest] listing error
From: k0rf@concentric.net (k0rf)
Date: Fri Sep 19 21:47:15 1997
Hi All,
    Once again I must disclaim the success attributed to our team in the
CQ WW CW test last fall.  We operated as multi/multi, but were listed in
multi/single results.  I felt sure that the claimed score mistake would
be fixed in the in-depth review that would precede score publishing.
     I know that the logs were reviewed because we lost points.  I guess
that lack of adhearence to the the 10-minute rule and our claimed
multi/multi entry on the summary sheet received somewhat less attention
than our copying accuracy.
     In any case I apologize to all who we appeared to have beaten.  I
am especially troubled by the fact that K8LX missed being in the box
because we were in his place.  Also, KV0Qs excellent multi/single score
from out here was over shadowed by our score that should not have even
been in their category.
     One other thing, because of the error in our score placement, I
paid a bit more attention than usual to the whole write-up and noticed
one more anomaly.  In the text, K8AZ was congratulated for beating out
K1ZZ for second place, while on pages 102 and 103 of the listings, K1ZZ
was shown to have about 70K more points.

     Ah well,  it is only for fun anyway . . .yeah, right

73 and sorry for the confusion,

Chuck, K0RF