[CQ-Contest] CQ Mag Awards

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Mag Awards
From: 9A3A@spidernet.com.cy (Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA/9A3A)
Date: Sun Sep 21 14:30:19 1997
Good idea to speed up CQ certificates. I've received all my trophies,
but have not received a few certificates yet.

Missing :        CQWW DX CW 92 - C42A (1st World 7MC HP)
                 CQWW DX CW 94 - H20A (6th World/1st AS SOAB HP)

                 CQ WPX 92 CW - P31A (2nd World/AS Record)
                 CQ WPX 93 CW - H28A (3rd World) SOAB
                 CQ WPX 94 CW - C48A (2nd World) SOAB

DARC (WAE Contest) and ARRL (ARRL DX Contest/IARU Contest) are both
very reliable and all certificates/trophies were received 3-4 weeks
after results had been published.  Most of us spend many hours prior
to Contest weekends building a competitive station and than sleepless
weekends operating. The main reason is because we like doing it, but
it's nice to show that piece of paper (if it ever comes) to the XYL or
a friend so they better understand why we HAVE to do it.

I fully support K6BZ and CQ should consider his idea to make us
contesters more happy.

Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA/9A3A ex HH2AW/4V2A

PS. If anybody from CQ reads this please let me know if I can still
expect to get missing certificates ???