[CQ-Contest] CQP help needed in Yuba County

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQP help needed in Yuba County
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Fri Sep 26 23:18:36 1997
Hi All!

Help!

Perhaps one (or two) of you who need a gig here in Northern California
next weekend.  We still need setup / operator / and teardown helpers
for the CQP next weekend.

If we can get the personnel we will do our usual Multi-Single entry up
on our property on the border of Yuba and Butte counties.  The
problems of last year are behind us so it should be a fun gig!  We
need two helpers on the afternoon of Friday, 3 October, to help set up
the tower and tribander.  Teardown is not as critical.

The site is a 100' circle clearing at 1950' elevation on a ridge
adjacent to Robinson Mill Road between Brownsville and Bangor about 20
miles northeast of Marysville and 20 miles southeast of Oroville.

We have one of those easy up 45' portable military towers with
Armstrong rotator, a TH3 tribander, and dipoles for 40 and 80m.  We
have a a 1700 Watt gas generator, tents, tables, chairs, etc.  In
other words, Field Day in October.

The site has a separate flat clearing down by Natchez creek (also on
our property), with a swimming hole, picnic table and an outhouse.  We
bring our Coleman propane stove, cooler, and a portable wash basin.
October is the ideal time for camping in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

Both sites have a graded private drive good for anything up to a Class
D motor home.  Last year we ate and slept in a 40' Greyhound Bus.  We
will be driving a 16' Dodge conversion van.

As a multi-single, we get to operate the entire 30 hours, so we have
plenty of operating time to go around, and we have been the only
station in Yuba County for the past three years, so we are a rare one.
Let us know...

73
AE0M & N0BBS
(408) 223-6102