[CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Antenna heights.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Antenna heights.
From: KRAMIREZ@intermedia.com (Ramirez, Kenneth EXCH)
Date: Sun Sep 28 14:47:57 1997
              I'm busy at work trying to get the station ready for the
ARRL SS SSB contest. I saw a definite need for a decent 20 and 15m
antenna during last year's SS. My miserable QSO totals on 20 and 15
gave me the necessary kick in the ass to get a game plan in action.
             Yesterday, the new 70 foot tower went up and is now ready
for the 20m antenna. The plan is to stick a 3 el 20m yagi on top at
the 72 foot level. I also plan on putting a 3 el 15 monobander on a
separate 50 foot tower at 53 feet and a 5 el 10m yagi for 10m on
another 40 foot tower at 43 feet. I want to maximize the high band
signals for the West coast. The heights for each of the above
mentioned antennas is roughly a little more than a wavelength for each
for 15 and 20 and almost 1.5 WL for 10 meters.
             What is the consensus on the best antenna heights for
East coast to West coast or vice versa coverage on the high bands for
the Domestic contests? A question for you guys on the West coast. Who
are the LOUD guys you work on then EAST coast during the Domestic
contests?  The QTH here is Western South Carolina. Your thoughts and
ideas are appreciated.
  73 Ken n4uk