[CQ-Contest] CW WW RTTY Complaint

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW WW RTTY Complaint
From: kx9x@juno.com (kx9x@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 22:36:23 1997
Hey, everybody-

I got this note from an extremely disgruntled ham. Anybody else get this
lovely comment?

Callsign omitted to protect the "innocent:"

>I hope you enjoyed your weekend of RTTY operation because you and many
>other
>RTTY jerks ruined the weekend for many others!
>
>I guess when there is a "CONTEST",  it gives you and the other
>obnoxious
>people like you the right to jump on any freq. that you want so you
>can
>"Score the Big One".  I truly hope that you did "WIN" because the
>reputation
>you have established will be with you for a long long time.
>
>There are some of us left on the ham bands that respect one another
>and the
>"Gentleman's Agreement"  that has been around for many many years.
>Some day
>when your not too busy "qrm'ing" everyone on the bands, you might wish
>take a look and see just what it might say.  I realize that you're
>I.Q. is
>quite small, but if you can find someone who will talk to you, perhaps
>they
>will read it and explain it to you.  I believe everyone has the
>potential to
>learn--even mindless people like you.  The problem that you have is
>trying
>to find someone with any intellegence at all that will associate with
>you.
>GET HELP SOON WHILE THERE MIGHT STILL BE HOPE FOR YOU!
>
>The next time there's an RTTY contest, why don't you just expand your
>operations  to the 11 Meter band--you'll find lots of people just like
>you
>on that band.  I'm surprised that you ever left there.
>
>Next time, before you hit the xmit key, look and listen!
>
>If you have absolutely no idea of what I am speaking.  Let me know and
>I'll
>see if I can find some pictures that you might be able to understand.
>Don't
>give up, there is always hope.
>
>Warmest regards.

Am I the only victim of this person's tirade?

73,

Sean

Sean Kutzko, Amateur Radio KX9X
Urbana, IL  USA (Grid EN50vc)
ex-V26NA, V2/KX9X, 6Y7M, 6Y5/KF9PL, KF9PL, N9HXG, KA9NGH
http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/sean
"Bound to cover just a little more ground."-Jerry Garcia