[CQ-Contest] Contests and Assisted Classes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contests and Assisted Classes
From: jmarchand@ecrm.com (MarchandJohn)
Date: Wed Sep 3 10:36:36 1997
Hi All,

I agree with Jim Pratt and WA8DZT, 99 44/100% of the contesters have packet
access, so why not let them use it.

Especially us QRP peanut whistles! We're at a disadvantage as it is, why not at
least give us the illusion of being part of the contest brotherhood by letting
us use packet. It sure gets lonely out there not knowing whats going on and
missing good opportunities others are picking up via the networks.

Wadda ya say QRP'ers... Unite and lets get some more use out of those rigs...
Lets generate some heat from those finals (or semi-finals or quarter-finals) by
getting the contest administrators to let us use the spots so we can get to
those mults before the guys (and gals) with the big artillery lay down that
barage of RF.

The extinguishers are ready.

73 all,
John K1RC (ex-K1CGJ)