[CQ-Contest] Nunavut

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Nunavut
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Fri Sep 5 10:43:31 1997
There is an article in this month's National Geographic magazine regarding
the creation of an Inuit territory from a large portion of the current
Northwest Territories of Canada, to be called Nunavut.  An informative
article, for sure, but what piqued my interest was a sentence on page 80:
"A two-way shortwave radio, connected to a long wire antenna outside,
crackled continuously..."

Is it possible that when Nunavut becomes a separate territory in 1999,
that we are looking at the next domestic contest multiplier?  The
stated population of this area of 770,000 square miles is 26,000
people - could make it a tough catch.  VE8 was never an easy one to
find to begin with.  Any of our Canadian contesters care to make a comment
to enlighten us south o' the border?

Scott Robbins, W4PA

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
>> The Ten-Tec Omni-VI Plus - unparalleled HF radio performance <<
   "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul" - Phish