[CQ-Contest] Computers and USB ports

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computers and USB ports
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu Sep 18 15:23:38 1997
Hi all -
Starting to think about upgrading/replacing my present computer, an
original Pentium/60, 2x CDROM, etc. One of the criteria, when I was
last computer shopping, was making sure there were enough 8 and 16
bit slots for all our contesting peripherals.
Seems that the new computers now specify 2 USB ports, and make no
mention of anything else. Does anyone have one of these newer
computers? What's the scoop about hooking up older 8/16 bit cards?
>From what I hear, USB really hasn't caught on yet. Any info
appreciated...
Tnx/Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club