[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores for CQWW RTTY on Internet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores for CQWW RTTY on Internet
From: floydjr@interpath.com (Jimmy R. Floyd)
Date: Mon Sep 22 14:34:59 1997
As usual I will be doing the scores for this weekends CQWW RTTY contest. I
do have a few guidelines that I would like for you to follow when sending
your scores to me. This will be the format I will be using:

CLASS           HRS      SCORE     QSO'S     PTS    QTH      DX    Zones
CALL

Example:
Single/Op Low Power
K4ZAM            45     450,000     566    12033     10      100    49

BTW I did make this one up and are just numbers Hi Hi

You can send me just that one line of info or the summary sheet from
WF1B. Now here a list of things that also will help with getting
your score properly posted.

1. NO ATTACHEMENTS !!! If you attach a score of a file it will not be posted.
   Does not take that long to type one line.

2. These scores are NOT official and do NOT send me any logs. It has been
   suggested that I might post where to send the logs. Here are my two reasons
   for not doing that:
     A: I feel if someone competes in a contest they should be able to find
        out where to send the logs. With Internet I am sure someone can help
        you.
     B: I would hate to give out the WRONG info and have someone send a log
        wrong and get DQ'ed. I do not want to get blamed for anything like
        that.

3. In the subject line make sure you put your call and the contest name. I
   am doing several contests and do not want to get your score mixed up with
   another test. Example: K4ZAM CQWW RTTY. PLEASE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT !!
   I have filters setup in my mailing program that sends the scores to the
   proper mailbox.

4. Make SURE you put your class on your posting. Do not assume I know you
   operated anything for the last twenty years. If I receive a posting with
   only single op on it, you will go into the Unlimited Class.

5. If you send me a correction please include the mistaken score also and
   the class you operated in. If you only send me your call and correction
   I have to look through the entire sheet to find you.

6. If you have a story to tell that is fine also, but I do not have time to
   read all of your story just for a score. Please put your scores at the
   top of your story.

7. DO NOT POST ANY SCORES TO THE CONTEST REFLECTOR !! Only post scores to
   3830 reflector or email them direct to me.

8. Bottom line is before you send in the score, STOP, READ IT, and see if
   you can figure out how to post it. If it does not make sense to you I am
   sure I will have a problem. This saves us both a lot of time in sending
   corrections.

I will be doing band breakdowns also, but all you need to do is submit the
WF1B summary sheet or any summary sheet from any contest program.

As some have noticed, there is no more WA4ZXA, I am now K4ZAM. I cannot wait
to hear what Eddie comes up with those letters Hi Hi. So please look for the
new call but will be the same guy.

73 Jim

           * Jimmy R. Floyd  (Jim)   Thomasville, NC                *
           * Amateur Call:              >> K4ZAM <<                 *
           * Internet Address:          >> floydjr@interpath.com << *
           * Club:                      >> PVRC <<                  *