[CQ-Contest] CQ contest awards

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ contest awards
From: k3ph@dxis.monroe.pa.us (Bob Schreibmaier)
Date: Thu Oct 2 08:43:43 1997
>     Today (October 1, 1997) I received my certificate for a 2nd place/zero
> district finish in the 1995 WPX-CW contest, which occurred almost 2 1/2
> years ago.  I've been "lurking" while the discussion about the time delays
> in the CQ awards program has been discussed; this may give people some
> idea of what to expect.

Congratulations, Alan!

As another data point, my certificate for 1st place/3rd call area
low power CW for 1995 CQ WW arrived last week.  Of course, it was
delayed by the fact that I was (once again) incorrectly listed in
the results.  So, the winning certificate was sent to a station in
Maryland by mistake.  After many phone calls and e-mails (Gail at
CQ Magazine and K3EST, respectively), they finally found a certificate
and mailed it out.

Gail stopped returning my phone calls long ago!  8^)

72/73,
Bob

| Bob Schreibmaier K3PH | E-mail: k3ph@dxis.monroe.pa.us |
| Kresgeville, PA 18333 | ICBM:   40o55'N 75o30'W        |