[CQ-Contest] Sleep Deprivation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sleep Deprivation
From: rsr@gate.net (Jon Hamlet)
Date: Sun Oct 5 14:00:47 1997
I often simply stand up at my station desk and walk a few feet around
while holding the keyboard with extra long cables for my headphones
and the keyboard with dashes to man the keyer when necessary.  Also, I
agree with the seltzer water.  Great pick-me-up especially with
crackers.

For quick time off, I schedule two hours sleep just before dawn with a
brisk shower and a walk down the street.  I return feeling rested and
ready to go.  I generally avoid coffee unless I'm really beginning to
start losing it too early for my planned break.

I also agree that my ability to stay up all night began a decline
around age 40.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW