[CQ-Contest] QSL practices.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL practices.
From: jmarchand@ecrm.com (MarchandJohn)
Date: Thu Oct 16 10:00:25 1997
Hi Zoran,

I can appreciate you aggrivation about QSL's, but aren't you taking it
a bit to far?

The way I see it is: If you dont work them, it hurts your score as
well, and maybe more if you're a small LP individual station fighting
for every point you can scrape up!!!

I've worked many a "contest machine" and received as many as 6 cards
from them (one for each band) for each contest. Sometime one card with
all the contact data on the back. Either way... for me its a pleasent
suprise to see cards in the mailbox.

Heck.. I've only worked BY1 twice in my life! Once QRP in a contest
and once on mobile rtty with 30 watts (and he called me!) I haven't
heard word one from that guy after sending 4 or 5 cards to
him. Sooooo..  I'll bump into another one sometime and work
him/her. Then I'll check the mail and see a QSL from them.  GREAT!

For me, working people/machines is a hobby/fun (even in competition)
and I'll work them as many times as they wanna talk to me.. contest or
not...

I wish you luck, and I'll even QSL if I work you only once.

73,
John K1RC
35 mi NW of Boston