[CQ-Contest] Awards for Low Power

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Awards for Low Power
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (DavidHarper@tx.slr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 10:39:37 1997
CT1ELP wrote:

>       Hello !
>       There is something about plaques I never understood,
>       why there is only plaques for the High Power enters !!??
>       I don't have an amplifier, so I will never get a plaque !
>       The only guys in low Power to get plaques are the first
>       in the world and continent on all band.

There is not even a continent plaque for Low Power North America in
CQWW-CW.

>       Why there aren't any plaques for monoband entries ?
>       I think those big gunners don't have the slightest idea of
>       how hard the low power can be. In many ocasions we spent
>       call and call without any answer. Do you know how long it
>       takes to break a pile-up ??
<snip>

Hi Pedro,
In the CQ contests, and ARRL also I think, the plaques are sponsored and
donated by clubs or individuals.  In 1995 CQWW-CW I was first place
North America in Low Power (at WP2AHW), but there is no plaque for Low
Power, just a certificate, so I understand your feelings, but there
really is no one to blame.  If I really think there should be a plaque
for North America Low Power, then I need to sponsor one.  Same thing for
you.  If there is a category that you think deserves a plaque, then
sponsor it or get a club to sponsor it.  CQ magazine and ARRL are really
not discriminating against us low-power types.  Since there are more
low-power entries than high-power, and the low-power category is the
fastest growing category, perhaps more individuals and clubs will
sponsor LP plaques in the future.
73
Dave  WD5N   /    VP5EA (Low Power!)      <DavidHarper@tx.slr.com>

From: Zack Lau <zlau@arrl.org> (Zack Lau)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10M STACKS

Has anyone tried multiple antennas on all bands
on a VHF/UHF/SHF mobile station?  I'd love to see
a picture.  I found it hard enough to get just
one antenna per radio on my Saturn.  While I'm
thinking of adding another 2M yagi, I think it
makes a lot more sense to run them as a stack,
since I have enough trouble with remembering what
direction I parked.

I used 9 yagis, 2 horns, and a vertical.

--Zack W1VT  Yes, mobile EME does work!