[CQ-Contest] M/S opinion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] M/S opinion
From: k7sv@juno.com (Larry G Schimelpfenig)
Date: Sun Nov 9 07:46:11 1997
I have to agree with Bud. I have been involved with a group of mostly
not quite over the hillers putting together a decent station at
NJ4F. Steve wants to have fun, but still wants to make a respectable
score.We kept trying to decide whether to go limited M/M for fun or to
go M/S for score.  Prior to this thread, our interpretation of the WW
M/S rules was that only a single transmitter could be on the air at
any given time regardless of new mult status. In our first effort in
WWCW last year you would hear us yelling back and forth for
transmitter control! Now that we understand the rules, this year will
be a lot more fun. Hope the wx agrees over the next couple of days so
we can get the 15 meter stack up. I say if CQ is going to expand
categories, fine. Just don't elliminate or change anything in the
existing M/S except possibly the name.

Bud, perhaps our handicap in experience will offset your geographic
disadvantage! It will be interesting to compare scores when all is
done!

73 de Larry K7SV