[CQ-Contest] Why SS is for NA or Why WAE is for EU

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why SS is for NA or Why WAE is for EU
From: km0l@tfs.net (Steve Lufcy)
Date: Sun Nov 9 11:32:10 1997
Re working DX in SS:
I have been doing SS for quite a few years and, to the best of my knowlege,
and according to the rules as published in QST, there is nothing against
working DX in Sweepstakes. You can even get two points per QSO IF you can
get the required exchange. Although a DX station is not a multiplier it is
a qso and is worth points. The big problem is getting the exchange info
from a station who is not familiar with it (ie: yr 1st licensed, ck,
section- which would be DX- etc).
We will not turn anyone down who wants to work us during SS, the more the
merrier. However, please familiarize yourself with the exchange
information, just as we must do in WAE, so that we can get the points for
our contact.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC

----------
> From: Vitor Luis (PY2NY) <py2ny@convex.com.br>
> To: Amateur dl8aam <dl8aam@db0bm.ampr.org>; cq-contest@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SS is for NA or Why WAE is for EU
>
> The only way to change rules is working against them.
> I'm PY2NY and 7 QSOs were made on North American
> CW SS. I'll appear like checklog, I'm sure, but maybe
> will find more W/VE in my SS log next time !!!
> WAE is a little different, like ARRL international contest.
> They're "thematic" contests... SS is like a party...
> That is my opinion.
> Sorry for my English lines...
>
>            * * *  P Y 2  N Y    * * *  Vitor Luis Aidar dos Santos  * * *
>            E-mail:         py2ny@geocities.com
>            ax.25:      py2ny@py2ze.sp.bra.soam
>            http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1373
>            Mail:  p. o. box 204 - Jaboticabal (SP)    Zip: 14870-000
>            B R A S I L          ++++   Also PW2N, in contests  ++++

> | De: Amateur dl8aam <dl8aam@db0bm.ampr.org>
> | Para: cq-contest@contesting.com
> | Assunto: re: [CQ-Contest] Why SS is for NA or Why WAE is for EU
> | Data: Sábado, 8 de Novembro de 1997 09:16
> |
> | >WAE rules discourage DX to DX as well. N/A can not work C40A on
Cypress