[CQ-Contest] Some Missing Context on SS for non-US/VE

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Missing Context on SS for non-US/VE
From: N6NT@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Sun Nov 9 10:30:01 1997
K4OJ just responded to a G4BUO post as follows:  (Sorry to quote the whole
thing, but it's necessary in this case)

:In a message dated 97-11-09 06:58:44 EST, g4buo@compuserve.com writes:
:<< why should we expect the non-contesters to take it?  >>
:Dave,
:my response to you is the same as to the non-contest fraternity...why not
:operate the "other" mode or WARC bands on those weekends?
:k4oj

If you go back to Dave's original statement, a slightly more complete quote
runs as follows:
"Now during Sweepstakes we contesters outside the United States are in a
similar position and if we can't take it on these occasions, why should we
expect the non-contesters to take it? For myself, I work some non-USA
DX or do some antenna work or catch up with some other chores."

It would seem that Dave is in violent agreement with you, OJ!  (Only I think
Dave has more pride than to go to "the other mode".  That shouldn't be a
problem this coming weekend, however.)    :-)

Bruce, N6NT