[CQ-Contest] SS (and other contest) QSO's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS (and other contest) QSO's
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Mon Nov 10 09:22:09 1997
During SS CW, in my extended S&P (QRP) mode, I ran across the
following numerous times:

.....k2xyz 59 nnj...tu cq ss k9abc ss

Normal, no?

not from my point of view.  I can't tell you how many times I was
there and ready to send my call, waiting for the TU message to
finally finish...if only the guy had simply said TU and paused a
second, he would have found me dropping my call in and be
logging me.

I even tried to preempt the TU by slipping in immediately after the
section.  Generally, he TU'ed either exactly when I sent my call
or he ignored me and responded with his full TU message.

Try it during SS SSB, say your TU, then listen. If you hear nothing
within a second or so, then send the rest of the TU message.

Comments?

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u